Conditions and treatments at the Department Of Oral and Maxilliofacial Surgery
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery treats different types of diseases, development anomalies, infections and lesions in teeth, oral cavity, jaws and surrounding anatomatical regions.
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is responsible for treatment of patients requiring:
- Orthodontic surgery (correction of maxilliofacial anomalies, large over and underbite as well as asymmetrics)
- Pre-prosthetic surgery, including pronounced atrophy of processus alveolaris which requires major reconstructive bone grafting in connection with implant treatment (including zygoma implants).
- Corrective surgery (jaw bone reconstruction and soft tissue and nerve lesions)
- Temporomandibular joint surgery (including arthroscopy, open TMJ surgery, reconstruction, jaw dislocations)
- Dental, oral and maxilliofacial traumatology (serious dental injuries, soft-tissue lesions, jaw and facial fractures)
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign disorders in the dental, oral and maxilliofacial regions (infections, cysts, cyst-like alterations, benign tumours, mucous membrane diseases)
- Diagnostics of malignant conditions in the mouth.
No e-mail has been registred for this user/group