The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is responsible for treatment of patients requiring:
- Orthodontic surgery (correction of maxilliofacial anomalies, large over and underbite as well as asymmetrics)
- Pre-prosthetic surgery, including pronounced atrophy of processus alveolaris which requires major reconstructive bone grafting in connection with implant treatment (including zygoma implants).
- Corrective surgery (jaw bone reconstruction and soft tissue and nerve lesions)
- Temporomandibular joint surgery (including arthroscopy, open TMJ surgery, reconstruction, jaw dislocations)
- Dental, oral and maxilliofacial traumatology (serious dental injuries, soft-tissue lesions, jaw and facial fractures)
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign disorders in the dental, oral and maxilliofacial regions (infections, cysts, cyst-like alterations, benign tumours, mucous membrane diseases)
- Diagnostics of malignant conditions in the mouth.