Regarding the first appointment at the Fertility Department
! You recieve this information because you have an appointment for a
consultation at the Fertility Department
Before the appointment, we need you to do the following:
- Sign up on www.minsundhedsplatform.dk, as this is where all communication takes place
- REMEMBER to update your phone number through MinSundhedsplatform
- Download the app Medicinkortet, so you can keep an eye on the prescriptions for the medicine you need for your treatment
! In order for us to complete the appointment, you have to submit the
attached documents to the Fertility Department through
MinSundhedsplatform.dk no later than 2 weeks before the interview.
- Questionnaire from the Fertility Department. IT IS THE ATTACHED QUESTIONNAIRE IN THIS LETTER THAT MUST BE COMPLETED AND EACH FILE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY ON EACH OF YOUR CPR NUMBERS THROUGH MinSundhedsplatform.dk
- Consent for treatment (sent only to the woman - if you are a couple, both must sign)
- Consent for exchange of health information
It is very important that we receive the above documents no
later than 2 weeks before the appointment – otherwise the
appointment can’t be completed and your appointment will be
If you want to get on our cancellation list, it’s possible as soon as we
have received the above documents. Let us know through
MinSundhedsplatform.dk, if you are interested.
! What to do in the waiting period before your treatment
To increase your chances of getting pregnant, pay attention to the
If your BMI is above 30, risk of complications during fertility treatment and pregnancy increases. If your BMI is less that 19, it can be difficult to get pregnant. You can use the waiting period to optimize your weight.
Smoking reduces the chance of becoming pregnant and increases the risk of pregnancy complications. Therefore, it is very important that neither you nor your partner smoke. You can seek help with smoking cessation from your own doctor.
- Folic acid
Folic acid prevent malformation of the spinal cord of the fetus. It is recommended that you take 400 μg folic acid daily, starting 3 months before you plan to become pregnant. Folic acid is available for purchase at the pharmacy.
We can recommend that you download the booklet: Involuntary infertility, see
The Clinical management, the Fertility Department, Rigshospitalet