Regarding the first appointment by telephone at the Fertility Department
! You recieve this information because you have an appointment for a telephone consultation at the Fertility Department
We will contact you at the time by telephone. You must be aware that we always call from a hidden / secret telephone number.
Before the appointment, we need you to do the following:
- Sign up on www.minsundhedsplatform.dk, as this is where all communication takes place
- REMEMBER to update your phone number through MinSundhedsplatform
- Download the app Medicinkortet, so you can keep an eye on the prescriptions for the medicine you need for your treatment
- Questionnaire from the Fertility Department. IT IS THE ATTACHED QUESTIONNAIRE IN THIS LETTER THAT MUST BE COMPLETED AND EACH FILE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY ON EACH OF YOUR CPR NUMBERS THROUGH MinSundhedsplatform.dk
- Consent for treatment (sent only to the woman - if you are a couple, both must sign)
- Consent for exchange of health information
It is very important that we receive the above documents no later than 2
weeks before the appointment – otherwise the appointment can’t be
completed and your appointment will be postponed!
! Before it’s possible to start treatment at the Fertility Department
You have also received a consent to treatment. You will be thoroughly
informed by the doctor at the appointment regarding this consent.
- Consent to treatment (sent only to the woman - if you are a couple, both must sign)
Before starting any treatment, we must have received this consent, otherwise it’s not possible to sign in for treatment!
If you want to get on our cancellation list, it’s possible as soon as we have received the above documents. Let us know through MinSundhedsplatform.dk, if you are interested. November 2020
! What to do in the waiting period before your treatment
To increase your chances of getting pregnant, pay attention to the following:
If your BMI is above 30, risk of complications during fertility treatment
and pregnancy increases. If your BMI is less that 19, it can be difficult to get pregnant. You can use the waiting period to optimize your weight.
Smoking reduces the chance of becoming pregnant and increases the risk of pregnancy complications. Therefore, it is very important that neither you nor your partner smoke. You can seek help with smoking cessation from your own doctor.
- Folic acid
Folic acid prevent malformation of the spinal cord of the fetus. It is recommended that you take 400 μg folic acid daily, starting 3 months before you plan to become pregnant. Folic acid is available for purchase at the pharmacy.
We can recommend that you download the booklet: Involuntary infertility, see our website.
The Clinical management, the Fertility Department, Rigshospitalet