If you are about to initiate treatment with donor semen, we ask you to order the sperm from the Spermbank Cryos.
When you choose a sperm donor please note that there are different types of donors:
- Non-ID release: It is not possible for a child to get in contact with the donor
- ID-release: A child has the possibility to get in contact with the donor by the age of 18 years.
For both types of donors, you can choose a donor with a basic or an extended profile. If you prefer to know as little as possible about the donor, you can choose a basic profile. If you want more information about the donor, you can choose an extended profile. It includes information about donor’s education, family background, personality, hobbies and interests. Additionally, the profile contains a photo of the donor as a child, emotional intelligence (EQ) profile and a voice recording.
Selection of semen straw for insemination or IVF/ICSI
- For treatment with insemination you should choose an "IUI Mot 20" semen straw
- For treatment with IVF/ICSI you should choose an "ICI/IUI Mot 10" semen straw
In both cases you should only order 1 semen straw at a time.
The Fertility Department pays for the donor semen with the following restriction:
- If you prefer semen straw from a sperm donor, where it is possible to see pictures of donor as adult, you will have to pay for it yourself directly to Cryos.
If you obtain a pregnancy, the Fertility Department inform Cryos about the pregnancy. When a spem donor has reached his maximum in Denmark, he can only be used for siblings.
If you get pregnant and want to reserve a sperm deposit for a sibling, you will have to contact Cryos and pay for the expenses yourself.
To secure the arrival of the donor semen in due time for your treatment we ask you to order the semen immediately after you received confirmation for treatment start or no later than the following day.
If the sperm is not ordered in due time to reach the Fertility Department for your treatment, we may have to cancel your treatment.
Procedure when ordering at Cryos
Select sperm donor at http://cryosinternational.com.
When you are ready to order, you can follow the guidance online:
- Go to cryosinternational.com and select ’Find donor’.
- Create a free account to access the donor profiles.
- Select country ’Denmark’.
- Use the filters to find the donor that suits your wishes.
- Place 1 straw from the selected donor in the basket.
- Under ” remarks” enter information about the treatment, you are receiving i.e. insemination or IVF/ICSI.
- Note ’Rigshospitalet’ for shipping address.
- You may not change billing address- all orders for delivery to Rigshospitalet will be invoiced to the hospital
- To secure the arrival of the donor semen in due time for your treatment, we ask you to order the semen immediately after you have received confirmation for treatment start or no later than the following day. All orders placed at Cryos Monday will be shipped Tuesday. It will then be possible to use the semen at the Fertility Department from Thursday.
- Choose shipping first coming Tuesday and select shipping method ’Denmark nitrogen tank return’.
- Select payment by ’Bank transfer’
- OBS! If you order on a Monday it is not possible to select ’Bank transfer’. Instead you should give your credit card information. Cryos will delete your credit card information when they receive the order and you will not have to pay for the semen straw and transportation.
You will receive an order confirmation when you have completed the order.