Grundet COVID-19 er symposiet udskudt til foråret 2021
At this interdisciplinary DSPCC symposium international researchers and key persons will introduce and discuss the clinical perspective of both the medical and supportive care give to children and their families during a palliative stadium. The program is based on the four focus areas recommended by the Danish Health Authority; oncology, neurology, organ failure and neonatology. However, ethical and psychological perspectives will be transverse through the program.
The symposium is an opportunity to interact with experts in the field and build partnerships with colleagues from Denmark and internationally on this important topic.
Scientific abstract submission opens early 2020, and abstracts will be presented as rapid fire and/or poster presentations. The deadline for abstract submission is 1st of March 2020
Topics of the symposium
- Children’s palliative care by Joanne Wolf (US)
- Eliciting the child’s voice by Pamela Hinds (US)
- Palliative care in pediatric oncology by Ana Lakerda (PT)
- Fetal medicine by Olav B. Petersen (DK)
- Palliative care and pediatric cardiology by Betsy Blume (US)
- Being a good parent to a seriously ill child by Pamela Hinds (US)
- Self care for professionals by Joanne Wolf (US)
Read more about the symposium on our webpage.
We are looking forward to seeing you,
The DSPCC organizing committee