MD, DMSc, Senior Consultant, Head of Research
Research areas include
- Autoimmune connective tissue diseases, including systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Pathogenesis: Investigations of innate and adaptive immune function in systemic autoimmunity and therapeutic immunosuppression aiming towards identification of new biomarkers for individual disease prediction.
- Genetic studies: Gene-environment interactions and epigenetic changes as risk factors for developing systemic autoimmunity and comorbidity.
- Epidemiology: National registry based investigations of incidence, risk factors and comorbidity.
- Clinical studies: Cohort studies focusing on early detection, phenotypic variation and cardiovascular disease.