Pre-Hospital Services are responsible for a number of cross-disciplinary emergency functions in the Capital Region of Denmark.
Pre-Hospital Services tasks
Pre-Hospital Services have overall responsibility for services such as the following:
- Receiving health-related emergency calls on 112
- Dispatching ambulances, emergency medical vehicles and transport of lying patients.
- Helpline 1813
- Health-related emergency response plans
- Emergency medical vehicles including sending out emergency response team leaders
- Ambulance helicopters in collaboration with Region Zealand
- The Acute Medicine Coordination Centre (AMK), the operational emergency response
The management of Pre-Hospital Services consists of one director and five unit heads.
Read AKUT Virksomheds- og ledelsesgrundlag (Danish). (PDF opens in new window)
See the organizational chart for Pre-Hospital Services (Danish). (PDF opens in new window)
The five units
- Administration and Secretariat
- AMK- Emergency operations center
- Emergency medical vehicles and ambulance helicopters
- Ambulance response and operation
- The operation of the Acute Medicine Coordination Centre (AMK) with health-related emergency response