Scope of Care
- Anaesthesia and perioperative care for neurosurgical patients.
- Intensive care for postoperative neurosurgical patients, all ages.
- Recovery care for postoperative neurosurgical patients, all ages.
- Recovery care for MRI-anaesthesia patients.
- Intensive care for neurosurgical patients.
- Intensive care for patients with neurological disease and respiratory affection.
- Specialized Pain Centre treatment concerning chronic pain conditions, cancer pain, and palliative support.
- Implementation and development of PDM in Intensive Care Unit.
- Specific support programmes for patients and groups of relatives in Intensive Care Unit.
- Training programme for Junior Doctors in anaesthesiology.
- Training programme for medical students.
- Qualification development projects in all three departments.
- VIPS in all three departments.
Identified High Risk Areas with underlined clinical guidelines
Operating Theatre/ anaesthesia:
- Anaesthesia for patients with subarachnoidal haemorrhagia (aneurysm).
- Anaesthesia for children suffering from posterior cerebral tumor.
Neurointensive Care Unit:
- Neurointensive treatment of patients suffering from subarachnoidal haemorrhagia.
- Neurointensive treatment of the neurotraumatised patients.
List quality-improvement projects/initiatives
- Optimising of childrens admissions in Intensive Care Unit.
- Psychological environment: GRUS in Intensive Care Unit.
- Implementation of surgical and anaesthesiological activities in the MR-scanner and in the operating theatre.
- Implementation of booking procedures in the operating theatre and anaesthesiology.