International leaders in research focused on improving treatment and care of disorders of the nervous system.
- National referral centre for highly specialized diagnostic evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation and care for patients with neurological disorders
- Referral centre for Copenhagen and surrounding areas for patients with neurological disorders
- Basic, translational and clinical research for understanding the nervous system and mechanisms of disease and for developing new methods and innovation in prevention, excellent treatment and care.
- Education of multidisciplinary health care professionals and researchers
In order to fulfill our missions we strive to
- Involve patients and caregivers in the planning of research and clinical services with focus on personalized medicine nurturing collaboration between specialized groups of clinicians and researchers
- Collaborate with international public and private partners in innovation and research.
- Collaborate with national health authorities, hospitals and primary health care as well as international organizations in the advancement of programmes and guidelines for treatment and care.
- Interact with health care providers, patient associations, and other societal organisations for improving patient care
- Raise public awareness about the recognition, prevention and treatment of neurological disorders