The department assists in operation and anaesthesia of:
- Children who are primarily admitted for urological and gastrointestinal surgical procedures, congenital abnormalities and haematological/oncologistical diagnostics and treatment of children.
- Women who are admitted for gynaecological procedures, particularly ovary cancer and other gynaecological cancer diseases and endometriosis.
- Women in labour, women in need of Caesarean sections and other operations in connection with giving birth.
- Oncological and haematological patients (children and adults) for application of permanent intravenous access, diagnostics and treatment.
- Anaesthetic service for the radiotherapy department, the X-ray and clinical physiology department.
The department has a special Unit for Pain in Children and it works specifically with pain treatment of children and assists in pain-related procedures involving children. Read more about this (in Danish).