- Surgical and micro-surgical treatment of body deformity and defects as a result of cancer treatment (for example primary/secondary breast reconstruction after breast cancer, jaw reconstruction after oral cavity cancer, and limb-sparing reconstruction after ablative surgery for sarcomas)
- Acute traumas (road accidents or fall injuries, war injuries) with significant soft-tissue loss
- Traumatic incidents with amputation of other body parts than the extremities (scalp, penis, ear and similar)
- Correction of facial paralysation (regional function)
- Correction of defects as a result of previous treatment, infections and tissue death
Oncoplastic treatment is carried out in cooperation with the Breast Surgery Section.
The section is also responsible for functions within general plastic surgery and specialist areas such as scar treatment, skin anomalies, breast anomalies (hypertrophy, aplasia, and asymmetry as well as gynecomastia), excess skin after weight loss or post bariatric surgery, benign tumours, pressure sores in para/tetraplegics, ventral hernias as well as operations for female genital abnormalities, testicular autotransplant (national function) and transsexualism (national function).