The department treats peopleear-nose-throat disorders. The department’s field of work is traditionally divided into three groups:
- Ear diseases
- Nose and sinus disorders
- Head-neck surgery.
Children and young people are admitted to the Pediatric Department at the Centre of Head and Orthopaedics.
Responsibility and patient safety
We collaborate with many international partners:
- Participation in the European collaboration about Sentinel-Node surgery of oral cavity cancer
- Annual joint meeting is held with the South Swedish ear-nose-throat departments about joint projects and procedures
- Participation in the European research cooperation about vasculitis and Wegeners granulomatosis
- Active collaboration has been established on othological Greenland medicine with the Greenlandic Institute of Circumpolar Health in Nuuk.
The department also cooperates with the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Copenhagen on hosting two annual international surgery courses:
- Head and neck surgery, ear surgery and nose-sinus surgery and advanced endoscopic nose-sinus
- Anterior basis cranii surgery
Aviation and submarine medicine is subject to international collaboration as there exists an international code for health examinations within this field. Thus all Danish professional pilots hold an EU JAR flight certificate and some pilots also hold an American FAA certificate.