The Department of Diagnostic Radiology has various research groups and fields.
- MRI and MRS, headed by Prof. Carsten Thomsen
- Ultrasound, headed by Prof. Michael Bachmann Nielsen
- Mammography, headed by Ilse Vejborg, Senior Consultant
- Interventional radiology, headed by Prof. Lars Lönn
- Thoracic-abdominal imaging. Oncoradiology and Cardiac Imaging, headed by Prof. Michael Bachmann Nielsen
Three professorships, one physicist, and a specialist in MRS who is academic supervisors for 8 PhD students and project supervisors for 4 PhD students. In 2010, four dissertations will be presented in the department.
Research equipment. A 320-slice CT-scanner dedicated to full-time research has been financed by the Mc-Kinney Møller Foundation.