The Department of Diagnostic Radiology is divided into five section:
- Neuro-orthopedic radiology/magnetic resonance imaging
- Thoracic-abdominal examinations
- Clinical and screening mammography
- Endovascular and interventional radiology
The main department is concentrated in the 16 storey building at Rigshospitalet, but also has:
- A smaller satellite for outpatients with conventional radiology just outside the hospital
- A satellite with equipment for CT and conventional radiology at the Trauma Centre
- A section for mammography screening at Bispebjerg and Hvidovre Hospitals, also situated in Copenhagen.
The department perform about 200,000 examinations each year, excluding screening mammographies.