The department provides opportunities to develop professional as well as personal skills within clinical work, research, quality control, teaching, and organizational development, in a peri-operative context.
The Post Operative Care Unit (PACU) is the largest recovery unit at Rigshospitalet, and delivers post anaesthesia recovery service to adults and children from 13 surgical specialties throughout the Rigshospital.
The department consists of
- Anaesthesia service
- Surgical assistance
- Post operative recovery service
- Cardiovascular Research Lab
Our major responsibilities
- Preoperatively to assess and inform the patient with regard to anaesthesia choices, post-operative pain management and the immediate post-operative course of care
- Intra-operatively to manage anaesthesia during surgery and for diagnostic procedures
- Peri-operatively to contribute to safe, efficient and complication-free treatment