The department comprises the following sections
- Wards 3131/3132, 3133/3134 (kidney transplants, acute and chronic kidney diseases, dialysis complications)
- Home dialysis (peritoneal dialysis), outpatient department 2134
- The nephrological outpatient department 2134 (follow-up and treatment of transplant patients, acute and chronic atophic rhinitis and all other aspects of medical kidney disease)
- Acute Unit 2133
- Chronic Unit 8601
- Chronic Unit Frederiksberg Hospital FH Limited Care / FH Self-care /Home hemodialyses
- Research laboratories 2133
The department has a total of 300 employees, of whom 18 are medical specialists.
Our main functions are carried out at Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark.
Our mission is to be the leading and preferred department of nephrology in Denmark for patients in need of highly specialised treatment.
Our aim is:
- To be the primary choice for patients who need highly specialised treatment
- To promote clinical and basic research
- To promote pre- and postgraduate education
- To ensure that our professional staff is proud of being part of the team