The construction of 'BørneRiget’ provides a unique opportunity for creating a better user-experience, functionality and integration of treatment, research and education.
The ambition is to create the world's best hospital for treatment of children, adolescents, pregnant women and their families. With this project we want to create a building that supports children and their families when they are at the hospital. A building closer to the needs of children, adolescents and labouring women, than any other building.
The goal is to create a building, which can serve as a “center of excellence”, where treatment and care is approached from a family perspective, and with children and adolescent's ability to play and learn as an active part of the patient flow.
The total project is 58.660 gross square meters altogether, with a total budget of 1.365 billion Danish Kroner.
The call for tender nr. 2016-076110 was announced the 15th of June 2016.
By the deadline the 5th of September 2016, 15 applications for pre-qualification were received.
6 teams to bid
The following 6 teams are invited to bid, after qualifying from the pre-qualification:
- 3XN A/S as lead consultants with Arkitema Architects, ALETICA & Kristine Jensens Tegnestue as sub-consultants.
- Building Design Partnership Limited, as lead consultants with Gottlieb Paludan Architects and Art In Site Ltd. as sub-consultants.
- Henning Larsen Architects A/ S as lead consultants with COBE, Søren Jensen Rådgivende Ingeniørfirma, Royal Haskoning DHV and Gemeinschaft A/S as sub-consultants.
- Consortium Børneriget Design Group consisting of PLH Arkitekter, Nickl & Partner, Amstein + Walthert and ISC Rådgivende Ingeniører A/S with Balslev Rådgivende Ingeniører, Marianne Levinsen Landskab ApS and Steensen Varming ApS as sub-consultants.
- Consortium Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects K/S and MOE A/S with TREDJE NATUR, CREO ARKITEKTER, Keingart and Smith Innovation as sub-consultants.
- Aarhus arkitekterne a/s as lead consultants with BIG Bjarke Ingels Group, Sweco Danmark A/S, Schønherr, Dr. David Whitebread, Cambridge Uni and FORREC Ltd, as sub-consultants.
Project director 'BørneRiget'
Mobile. +45 3545 4769,
Sophie Hæstorp Andersen (S)
Regional council chairman in the Capital Region of Denmark
Contact through the on-duty press officer, tel.: 70 20 95 88
Facts about ‘BørneRiget’
’BørneRiget’ is the working title for a new approximately 58.000 square meter wing, on Rigshospitalet's plot, in collaboration with The Capital Region of Denmark and the Ole Kirk Foundation.
The building organization is run by the board of directors at Rigshospitalet and the Hospital director is responsible for the projects development and operation of the project.
The daily management of the project is placed in the project organization, run by the project director. It is the responsibility of the project organizationto ensure a systematic, well-documented and value-driven completion. The project organization participates in several networks and cooperation across newly built mother-child hospitals in the United States of America, Canada, Australia, Europe and Scandinavia.
Read more about the project.